The guidelines are very simple.
- You agree to make a basic 16” envelope-back pillow cover to be swapped with someone else at The Quilt Asylum. The pillow must have piecing, applique OR embellishment added to it (in other words, more than just a solid piece of fabric). Use traditional or modern techniques with the fabrics of your choice. Be creative and innovative!
- The deadline to sign up is 7pm, Monday, March 28. Pillows will be exchanged at our Swap Party at 6pm on Monday, April 11.
- If you cannot attend the Swap Party, you agree to turn in your pillow by 5pm, April 11. TQA will swap on your behalf. If you will attend the Swap Party, then bring your pillow with you.
- You can make any style of 16” pillow cover you wish, but you agree to do your best work and create something that you would be proud to own. You can find a great pillow tutorial written by Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts for the Sew, Mama, Sew blog.
Photo by Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts
- You will need to turn in an info card with your pillow.
- You can make and swap more than one pillow, but you will need to attach an info card to each one.
If the first swap was any indication, I can't wait to see what ya'll will cook up. I'm so excited! Call or come by to add your name to the list of players!