Monday, April 16, 2012

One Week, One Thing - April 16

Good afternoon, my friends!

Last week, I completed the quilting and binding on the Kaffe Fassett Collection 1000 Pyramids quilt.  We had a few kits in the shop, but they have sold out.  It's on our list to re-cut; hopefully we'll get to that this week.

I also played a little bit with the Marti Michell large Drunkard's Path templates this past week.  Don't know if I'll be able to get back to it this week.

My number one challenge this week is to completely cut out the pieces for this quilt....
It's called Vintage Rouge and it's a Block of the Month that we will be starting in June and the sample kit just arrived.  I need to get busy!  The fun thing about this quilt is the dresdens are English Paper Pieced using a striped fabric - it's all an optical illusion!!  Perhaps I'll have actual block progress to show next week.  But I need to get it all cut out first....

How about you?

4 comments:

Cindy Sharp said...

I might just get my birthday quilt finished...then it would be extra nice to put together just one block from my ancient WIP.

Lori said...

I finished a pouch for a swap that I am in. This week I would really like to get some bee blocks done and also my ticker tape blocks done as well!

http://adventuresinfabric.blogspot.com/2012/04/pretty-little-pouch-swap.html

Debbie (Hutchinson) Evans said...

I love the Kaffe Fassett quilt. The colors are amazing!
I am working on my friendship quilt squares for our quilt group. I will finish this week!

Trae said...

I finished my Marti Michell projects (g'ma flower garden table runner and seven sisters mini quilt).

I'm headed to a retreat later this week so I have high hopes of getting tons of stuff completed. :D The main thing I want to complete is the Drunken Bear Paw from the current Marti Michell session. If the small set of templates comes in before I go - I might start on my Asian Inspirations quilt. I LOVE YOURS!