Monday, August 20, 2012

One Week, One Thing - August 20

Have you heard the old adage, "Man plans and God laughs"?  That would be me last week.  I had GRAND sewing plans, but regular life and unwanted interruptions decided to intervene.

My ONE THING for this week was to plan a project using the Quilt Across Texas panel (since this event begins September 1, I needed to do something quick!).  I did get a couple of borders around the panel yesterday afternoon, but I forgot to take a picture of it.  I WILL get it quilted and bound this week!

Most of my spare time (which was usually sometime after 8 or 8:30 pm and completely exhausted) was spent basting 3/8" hexagons for Audrey's art project which is due next Monday.
It wouldn't have been so bad, but she ran out of a color and then changed her mind on some colors, so we ended up doing things over again several times.  I think she may have learned a "planning" lesson on this one!  Since the piece has to be finished this week, I'll be sure to snap a photo of it before it leaves the house.

My plans for this coming week include:  finishing the Quilt Across Texas panel quilt, finishing up my swap blocks due September 1, and starting September's Marti & Me project.  I know I'll get at least ONE of those things done!

No comments: