Monday, August 27, 2012

One Week, One Thing - August 27

It's the first day of school!!!  Anybody else taking a big breath thinking that there's now more time to sew (except for our teacher friends...sorry)?  I know my last 2 days off have been filled with last minute errands with Audrey and I'm looking forward to having an uninterrupted day this coming Thursday.

All said, I did finish the panel quilt for Quilt Across Texas which begins on Saturday, September 1.
It's nothing major, but it needed to be DONE.  The beauty of this panel is you can trim off the QAT banner at the top and have a great print of Texas with all the counties outlined.  Want one for yourself?  Buy it here!

Also, you may have heard me talking (whining) about Audrey's summer art projects that needed to be completed before school.  Her concentration this year is Anatomical Studies using Fabrics and Fibers.  She's been English Paper Piecing a brain scan for the past month, and I've been helping her baste 3/8" hexagons.  Well, I'm proud to say she got it done 3 days before it was due.  If you've ever had an art student in the house, you know this is a big deal!  She really surprised me with her diligence on this project since there are over 600 hexagons in this piece.

I also finished the next sample in my mini EPP quilt series.
 
I started September's Marti & Me club quilt.  It features the Miniature Dresden template and I'm using Tula Pink's "The Birds and The Bees" fabric.  I need to choose a background.....

This week will be spent on the Mini Dresden quilt.  Won't promise you a "finish", but I will promise to make a dent on piecing the remainder of the top.

What did you work on last week?

1 comment:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Great job on the Hexi piece ladies! It looks awesome!